Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oops, I forgot to give you their 9 week weights!

Here they are:

Navy Blue is 10.4 lbs.
Red Boy is 11.2 lbs.
Orange Boy is 11.0 lbs.
Purple Girl 'Olive' is 9.4 lbs.
Black Boy is 11.8 lbs.
Green Boy is 12.0 lbs.
Pink Girl 'Clara Belle' is 9.8 lbs.
Turquoise Boy is 8.8 lbs.
Rainbow Girl is 11.4 lbs.

We got through Week 8 very well, with nothing negative affecting the puppies. They are doing great with my Craftsman Vacuum cleaner's noise in their pen. Some pups even try to bite it as I clean (it is usually Clara, Rainbow and Turquoise). I usually let them out to run about the kitchen when I do this, but all of them take turns running back into the pup room to check on how I am doing and to use the potty pool. There have been some potty mistakes and when that happens, I restrict them to the pup room for longer periods and let them out for shorter times. I have learned that if I go into their pen FIRST and sit down and have some conversation about hygiene, and THEN get them excited enough to potty while I am in the room, I don't have messes to clean after their kitchen romp. I lure them back in with a snack or their meal.

By the way, they now get fed with individual bowls in hopes that this will deter them from being 'gobblers' when they come to you.

Karen, the trainer, is coming on Tuesday! THIS IS THE WEEK YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR - PUP ASSIGNMENTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment