Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why is my Guardian Home Candidate named Holiday Figgy Puddin`?

As you might have guessed, I tend to pick names that are from movies, books, rhymes, fairy tales and actors/actresses, etc. - tweaking them just a bit to make them more personal in some instances. Now I have added a song as well.

Actually this name was a 'gift' to me from a dear breeder friend who placed a lovely pup of hers in a guardian home that named her Figgy. Puddin' was added to make it more 'palatable' to my friend. The name was right up my alley and I had wished I had thought of it. Graciously, it was bestowed to me for this special little girl.

It appealed to me even more when I realized it was from an old, world renown Christmas song - We Wish You a Merry Christmas! Since Figgy Puddin' was born on New Year's Day, it was fitting to add 'Holiday' to the name. (Song below pic).

I am going to keep my fingers crossed that this sweet piece of chocolate tests well as her genes are special indeed!



We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding and a cup of good cheer

We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some, so bring some out here


We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment