Saturday, March 23, 2019

A quick update on my latest Guardian Home placement - Force of Hobbit!

I am a fortunate woman, my Guardian Home Families are amazing!  When I placed this little guy, I just knew it was a match made in heaven.  Look at these pics.

Can you find Hobbs?

Yes, opposites attract.


Now, when you see little Hobbs with this giant Mastiff named 'Brick', your eyes pop, right?  When Hobbs first met Brick, he was soooooo frightened!  He shook, howled and was downright scared to bits.  As a group, we all stood together outdoors while I sometimes held Hobbs and other times put him down to investigate his new surroundings.  The guardian dad, held Brick so he could not chase Hobbs.  The trick was to let Hobbs feel more comfortable to go to Brick on his own, which he eventually did.  Once that connection was made, we all went into the house together as a unit.  Once inside, Hobbs was 'right at home' and did awesome.

Today, you are witness to their relationship - they are best buds.  :+).

It is critically important that introductions be done properly which is why I insist on all my buyers having a trainer lined up so that their pup learns to overcome obstacles that could otherwise cripple them.  The benefits far outweigh the time and effort involved as the pic above illustrates.  :+)

And for a little boasting, I am told Hobbs goes to the door for potty and puts himself in his crate every evening all by his little ol' self!  They have had him for about two weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the picture of Hobbs and Brick!
    Precious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of Hobbs and Brick is priceless!

    ReplyDelete