Monday, April 3, 2023

A tentative step....

Today, I decided to entice the pups with Goat's Milk in an effort to help take some of the feeding pressure off of Phoebe.   Several of the pups were willing to give it a whirl - yea!!  That means they are ready to begin exploring some other alternatives other than 'momma's' milk supply!  Once a few begin to lap up the formula, their siblings will follow and both momma and pups will be satisfied and happy.  Phoebe is an excellent mom but needs some help and that is what I am here for.  Now that they are showing interest, I will continue to offer 'milk meals' but still feed Phoebe large helpings of food.  Once the pups begin to truly 'dive in', I will began the task of weaning Phoebe.  Happily, her guardians live very close to me and can take Phoebe for a few hours to slowly wean them from her milk supply and her momma duties.  

I am so grateful that the bunch of them are doing very well using the potty area!  


Brown Boy was the first to lap up some of the milk, soon Ruby , Lilac and Teal joined in.


No comments:

Post a Comment