Thursday, May 7, 2020

Prep for surgeries! (Sadie x Boomer Litter). They are back home!

As is my normal practice, the night before their surgeries, all the pups get a bath in my kitchen sink.  I like them to be nice and clean for my vet and since they cannot have a bath for ten days from their surgeries, it is well timed.  It is generally the first time a bath is needed.  I find my indoor potty system keeps them quite clean and being outdoors on the turf prevents them from getting into dirt or puddles.  I am also a poop nut.  I can't stand to see poop anywhere.  :+)

As I type, they are at my vets for the day.  I have already cleaned out my car and placed a nice clean bed where they will be placed when I pick them up late this afternoon.  I then bleached the floor in the Pup Room and made the pen area smaller so that 'activity' is limited.  I do want them to stay rather quiet when they return.  They will be allowed outdoors but, again, I limit their space.  Fresh air is good - running full tilt is not.  :+)

If I still have good light when we return later today, I will add another pic.  Till then, enjoy their bath pics from last night.  :+)

Angus says 'I am rinsed!  Honest!'

Millie says 'Being beautiful is a lot of work'.  Look at those lashes!

Harper is just enjoying her 'shower'.

Layla is watchful of that dryer!  She was not afraid, just curious.

I think Raven will be a water-baby.  Very non plussed.

Maebe is enjoying her towel wrap.  :+)

The pups were very good.  No one was overly unhappy.  There were a few whines but no 'get me out of here' participants.  I was pleased.  :+)

Surprisingly, I was able to pick them up around 3:3-0 pm which is quite early.  I fed them a bit of canned food before putting them in the crate area.  It is reduced in size on purpose.  I want them to have at least 12 hours of being somewhat confined for healing and to rest from the anesthesia, etc.  They are all doing very well.  I expect tomorrow morning they will be anxious to be outdoors in the gated pens.  They will not be in the turf playground area though.  I am keeping them on the 'low key' till pick up on Saturday.  We should all look this good after a surgery!





2 comments:

  1. I must have missed seeing it on the earlier post - They have new names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, they do, except for Raven, her owners decided to keep it. :+)

    ReplyDelete