Thursday, July 29, 2021

Today was Temperament Testing Day!

I was so happy to have a day that was not too hot nor raining!  I was three quarters of the way home when the rain came down but it stopped dramatically by the time I arrived home and brought them inside.  :+)

The trip there and back (one hour each way) was totally pleasant!  Not a one whined or yelled!  Quite unusual, typically there is one that is complaining at least for a little while!  Not this group - totally comfortable in the car with their siblings.  Thank you pups!

There are a number of things my trainer comments on as the pups go through the process.  I will try to explain what she is doing with each photo.

There was some floor washing before I arrived with the pups.  It is NOT urine! 



As expected Teal Girl was very confident and had no issues meeting Drake, my trainer's Shepherd.
This test is for confidence and curiosity which Teal has in spades.

Blue was very social.  He enjoyed Drake and would do well with older kids and other dogs.

Pink Girl was the first pup in the room and went right up to Judy for human contact.  She was afraid of Drake so daycare or dog parks are not a good option.  Pink made smart decisions during the course.

Lucie tackled the Wobble Board like a pro and doesn't not mind odd surfaces.  None of the pups did!

Green Boy ran through the texture portion of the tests with gusto!  It included a crunchy bag, a cardboard texture, a metal pan and a plastic sheet.  All the pups did well on this.

Black Girl was totally fine with the 'restraint' portion of the test.  
Both Blue and Teal were not as willing.

Brown Collar was great chasing the stuffed toy but not so much the ball.  Oh well.

All in all, the pups did very well and I was so pleased.  It will take several days before I get my trainer's reports.  We ALL need to be patient.  Once received, I will review and make the assignments.  :+)




2 comments: