Saturday, January 8, 2022

WEEK FOUR - Brinkley3 x Diesel Litter!!

I just love the fourth week!  They are more like little doggies than newborns.  Walking, barking, playing, sniffing and beginning to eat from a bowl!!!  Brinkley is at the first stages of numerous breaks from very demanding puppies.  

This morning I went to the store to get some Meyenberg Goat's Milk as well as some plain Kefir Milk.  I find both these items critical to begin the weaning process as they are full of nutrients and probiotics.  While there, I saw the cutest little stuffed sheep that had the same 'coat' as Brinkley, so I had to buy it.  When I put it in their pen, they all tried to nuzzle into its belly looking for the 'milk jugs'.  It was so darn cute.  

All is going well for Brinkley and the pups.  Each day, I take them out of their pen to walk around the pup room to get use to a new space.  They enjoy sniffing and checking out the stuff on the floor and under the cabinet.  Then they are back in their pen for a nap because exploring is really tiring for those little legs!

Today, the pups had their first taste of Goat's Milk and they lapped it right up!

After eating, I put in their new toy - a stuffed sheep and they had a ball sniffing, licking
and snuggling with it.  They had such a good time a nap was necessary!
I had to wake most of them up for our photo session. 


Here is sleepy Red Boy - all 5 pounds of him!

This adorable shot is Teal Girl.  4 pounds.

Purple Girl was still a bit drowsy but did her best.  4 1/8  lbs.

Looks like Blue Boy is winking!  4 1/2 lbs.


Pink Girl was ready to roll right out of the bowl.  3 1/2 lbs.


I had a heck of a time getting this 'turkey' in the bowl - 5 1/4 lbs.!  
I literally had to shake him out - his belly is so round! 

Now that they are four weeks, I am taking appointments for visits.  I have one scheduled for this coming Monday and Wednesday.  Remember, all applicants must make a visit here before 'go home' time!  I look forward to visiting with all of you.  :+) Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment