Thursday, July 25, 2024

I have LUCIE!

Around noontime,  I met up with Lucie's guardians at my vet for her x-ray.  It did not take long at all for my vet to return with the results - she thinks 10 or 11 pups are stuffed in poor Lucie's belly!!!  Oh golly that is a lot of pups!

I placed very pregnant Lucie in my car after a tearful 'goodbye' from her family and very gingerly drove home.  

I put Lucie in my fenced front yard as I placed my three doodles into the puppy room where they could see and smell Lucie as I brought her into the house.  After the initial barking and what not, all settled down. Eventually, I let one girl out for the sniffing ritual.  Then the second female and finally the third.  All went very well but it does take a good hour or so to have all feel comfortable.

Lucie is now part of the household and loves checking out the farm, yard, smelling the chickens and pigs and thoroughly enjoying the fresh air and surroundings.  She has investigated most of the house as well!

Lucie in our kitchen.  Her belly is so round!

OBVIOUSLY, I have puppies available!  It will be a couple of days before she whelps and, of course, I will post pics.  Now, we wait.  :+)

2 comments:

  1. It is like looking at Bowie’s twin! Seeing same parents different litter I shouldn’t be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is a lot of pups. She must be uncomfortable. It appears she better get her rest now. We are hopeful all goes smoothly with the whelping.

    ReplyDelete