Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A bit more room for the pups.

Four weeks is a good time to add a bit of room for the pups as they are doing awesome with toileting in the right place.  :+) When pups show me that they really are searching for the potty box, I feel pretty confident that they will seek it even at play. So, I test them. I switch from a flat bed to a 'real bed' and I also expand the area so they will explore more. If they do well, I leave it and continue to add new and interesting toys for them to enjoy. If they fall backwards, I take away the extra space until the potty lesson is solid.

Their first moments on the bed.

Caramel Boy decided to explore the play area rather than the bed.

Caramel Boy is thinking that maybe he should try the bed - it looks comfortable!

Their potty area is the tray to the right with turf grass in it. The white strip you see is the disposable pee pad underneath
 the turf so the pups are always dry and clean.  Charlotte or I pick up any poops that stay on top of the turf quickly
so nothing is ever squished in. Turf is cleaned and sprayed daily with bleach and antibacterial spray.

Yep, I do believe they are all quite happy with the accommodations.  :+)

No comments:

Post a Comment