Sunday, January 26, 2020

Getting close!

Jonnie's guardians are already missing their girl and she is not even here yet!  It happens all the time.  It is hard for them when birthing time is coming near.  I totally understand which is why I give my guardians much latitude about visiting the new momma and her pups.

I expect Jonnie to be here on Wednesday, January 20th for her maternity stay.  On Thursday, January 30th, she will have her x-ray to check on pup sizes and placement.  Most of the time, it looks like a plate of spaghetti and meatballs!!  :+)

Once back home, I will get Jonnie settled in the whelping pool and coax her to 'visit' it often during the day.  During the birth process, most dogs seek a quiet, dark, 'safe' place to have their babies.  This is under my desk in the office.  There is a half door that prevents any other doodle from accessing the area and Carl and I are in and out multiple times during the day.  I am sure Jonnie will be sleeping with me in my bed until the pups arrive as that is what she is use to at home.  :+)

Soon, I will be posting pics of the newborns!!

1 comment: