Friday, January 3, 2020

Jonnie's ultra sound.

Good Grief!!  Jonnie's guardian brought her to my vet this morning so we could see if she was pregnant and boy is she ever!  My vet thinks there are between 8 to 10 pups - I nearly choked!  Jonnie is a mini of about 20 lbs. or so.  She is going to look like a blimp by the time she delivers!  I was hoping for five or six pups, so this came as a HUGE surprise!

Since I tend to undersell rather than oversell my litters, obviously I am now able to take more applications for this darling litter of phantoms.  They will probably be the size of mice when she delivers - so cute and tiny.  :+)

Now we wait as Jonnie slowly but surely fills up like a helium balloon.  She is expected here for her 'maternity stay' on January 29th.  On January 30th, she will have an x-ray for a more exact count.  Wow.



This is an Ultra Sound view of just one of these precious pups!  Just like seeing a human baby!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Joyce! Just checking in to see if you had confirmation of a pregnancy.
    Will stay tuned. Good wishes to little Jonnie 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll, we sure do have confirmation! A surprise about the number of little 'mice' in there!! :+)

    ReplyDelete