Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Such a blessing...

 I am so thankful to my dear husband and wonderful grandson for building this wonderful device to save my back (and numerous head bumps).  This makes taking care of the pups and moms more functional and convenient.

My litters are always delivered under my 'table' desk in the corner of the office.  It is dark, free from drafts and cave-like which helps moms feel safe and secure.  However, crawling under to check on pups and moms is hazardous to my knees and head!  So, after reading an article on hydraulic lifts (not what I wanted) for whelping puppies my brain started churning.  

This is what we came up with:

A solid piece of plywood that was cut in a circle to fit perfectly under the kiddie pool.

Casters that roll in every direction were added to the bottom and then tips ground off so it had no pointy edges to cause injury.  Our grandson is hard at work on this with Gramp's supervision.  :+) 

Next, the comfy cover was added with a 'traction mat' so pups can move easily to find mommy.  This prevents knee, elbow or hip slippage on the newborns.


Now, I can easily pull out and push in the pool as needed.  I can't tell you what a difference this makes for taking care of pups, mommy, changing the covers or simply watching these dear ones sleep.  Big hugs to hubby and grandson for doing this project!  SMOOCH!!


4 comments: