Thursday, April 29, 2021

We have been 'travelers'!

 Each day lately has been an 'adventure'!  Wednesday was the litter's first trip to my trainer for assessments.  The ride is an hour so I was up early so the pups were fed and had time to go potty; then play a bit.  Each pup was then cleaned up for the trip.  

Once they were all in the car, we began our trip.  Oi, were they ever vocal!!  This was their first experience as 'older' pups in the car.  Yes, they had an 'imprint' period before they were 10 days old but that is to prevent car sickness.  None of them got sick or even salivated but they let me know that this 'movement' was not appreciated!  It took about a half hour before they all settled down.  Unfortunately, I did not bring any aspirin for me!  

My trainer and I decided to divide the litter - four one day and another four a different day because doing eight pups at once is a long, tiring experience for everyone and does no one any good.  

Once the first four were done, the trip home was uneventful.  They were all quiet and settled quickly.

Today, all the pups went for their eye exams in Portsmouth, NH.  All packed into my car and all were happy!  No whines or loud vocalizations!  Whoopie!!  All were examined and none had any serious eye issues.  A couple had Epithelials but those 'strands' will be absorbed as they mature.  I was a happy camper!  I had to make a couple of stops on the way home and the pups remained settled.  

Now, this does NOT mean they will be all sweet and quiet on their ride home with you.  That experience will be strange to them and they will not have their siblings, so be prepared.  Maybe some earplugs?  Don't forget aspirin!  :+)


Here they all are in the 'carriage' going into the eye vet office!  They were quite excited to be in the fresh air having another adventure. 

Tomorrow morning will be the second drive up to my trainer.  All the pups will go as the more rides they have, the better.  :+)

4 comments: