Saturday, April 3, 2021

FINALLY! THE FOURTH WEEK - Jonnie x Hobbs

 HAPPY EASTER!  

I am always so very happy when the fourth week arrives.  The pups are bigger, sturdier on their feet, welcome gruel and are becoming little doggies.  Their eyes and ears work pretty well now and best of all, they are beginning to wag their tails when they recognize my smell and voice.  It makes me feel like I have done a good job.  :+)

Remarkably, little Brown Boy continues to put on weight very slowly but continuously.  He has also progressed from a bottle to eating gruel like his bigger siblings.  Alas, he is big enough to stand and nurse with his siblings although his little legs are stretched to the limit because Jonnie nurses standing up now.  I am typically there to steady him so it can be a bit more comfortable for him.  

The pups continue to use the litterbox most of the time and are beginning to play with each other.  They do a lot of mouth to mouth wrestling and also use their paws for play boxing.  Fun to watch.  :+)

Visits begin soon and a number of you are already scheduled.  Don't expect much as they are still very young and may not be quite ready to be social with you but this is a great way to measure how they develop from week to week.  Wear comfy clothes.  You will have to use my 'disinfecting' mat before entering my home and wash hands before going into the Pup Room.  Masks are not required but I respect your choice to wear one if you choose.  Visits are limited to a half hour with the pups as they have very little stamina at this age.

Naturally, the pup pics this week have an Easter theme.  I hope all of you enjoy this special day with your family and beliefs. 

I have discovered using a dark background really works well with dark colored pups and used some of the special effects my camera has.












 

4 comments:

  1. Jonnie and Hobbs have a beautiful family. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you & yours. Such sweet little “bunnies” you have keeping you busy. Brown Boy made it to a pound🤗 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about that! I hope he continues to gain. :+)

    ReplyDelete