Thursday, August 26, 2021

Sad news. :+(

 On Monday, August 23, I had to make the agonizing decision to lay Gabriel to rest.  It was a very difficult day but Gabe was not doing well over the weekend and I took him to my vet on Monday morning.  Thankfully, they got me in right away and upon examination by Dr. Kelleher, he thought maybe the abcess in his mouth might have been the reason for his lack of appetite. However blood work showed his kidneys were actually shutting down and he was in a lot of pain.  With lots of tears and hugs from my vet and staff, Gabriel was brought home to rest in our garden.

Gabriel was a delightful little man who was so stoic and loving.  We knew from the onset that his life would be short but I never expected it to only last six months.  We were lucky that his time with us was full of love and care.  Four grand-daughters lavished him with pats and giggles all summer.  He swam in our pool, took obedience classes and entertained Clary's litter.  Be at peace little one.  


6 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear this Joyce. Gabriel was such a cute puppy and we loved seeing him too when we went to visit the puppies. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to hear this Joyce. Gabriel was such a cute puppy and we loved seeing him too when we went to visit the puppies. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry,Joyce. You took such good care of him. He was a darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. I still tear up when I read his name or think of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you Joyce. He was blessed to be with you. A sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear Joyce. It was a highlight of my trip having that little fireplug run up to the fence strutting with the confidence of a Sherman Tank. He didn't have a long life, but he was loved and well taken care of and you and your family can be proud that the short life he had, you made perfect.

    ReplyDelete