Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Some days.....

Yesterday, the pups had their vaccine and Health Certificate appointments.  Unfortunately my car also had to be brought to my mechanic for a tire issue.  So, as it sometimes happens, the day was full of bumps.  

  • I had already prepared my car for the trip so had to switch gears and use my husband's truck which is NOT as conducive to hauling pups.
  • Instead of using my very convenient cargo area of my car, I had to use crates instead.
  • The crates were in one of my puppy sheds and the one they were in had a frozen door from the ice storm because it sits right on the turf.  :+(  I had to break up that block of ice.  Tried a metal shovel but that did not work, etc.   Finally, found a tire iron that I could swing to chop off small pieces of ice.  Eventually, I could open the door wide enough to allow me in.  BUT, the crates were too wide to go through the opening.  Went into the house to put a kettle on to boil water to help 'loosen' the ice layer.  Poured it on and that did help so I could chop off more ice to make the opening wider.
  • Finally was able to put the cleaned out crates in the truck when the Triple A guy arrived which blocked me in.  (he was an hour late)!
  • While AAA was loading my car, hubby and I were loading the pups.  Thankfully, AAA was pretty darn quick and off we went!
  • Arrived at the vets in time in spite of all the bumps!!
The pups were quite good in the truck and settled quickly in the crates.  Yea!  Although very happy to run around the room at the vets and pee/poop everywhere, the very special vet techs were great and the pups did very well.  They slept all the way home.

Unfortunately, my mechanic just called and told me my car will not be ready in time for their temperament testing on Thursday, so need to use the truck again.  :+(  I hope the pups will be as agreeable.  Will let you know!

Not all days go smoothly but this one could have definitely been worse!  The life of a breeder.  :+)

No comments:

Post a Comment