Monday, August 19, 2024

THREE WEEKS! LUCIE X DIESEL LITTER

Boy are we seeing changes in the litter.  Although their eyes and ears are open, they are not functioning at 100%.  You will see in some of the pictures that the eyes have a blue 'haze' on them.  This is normal and will go away as they continue to mature.

They are 'walking' but somewhat silly with all the leaning, tripping, rolling that entails the brain and the limbs working together - like drunk sailors!  They attempt to wrestle and are doing some mouthing of each other.  Yes, they make noises 'sort of like gurgling' and I always love this stage.  Soon, teeth, grabbing, chasing and rambunctiousness starts and....well things get a bit wild around here.  :+)

Lucie is a good momma but feeding ten pups is going to be challenging going forward - which means I will begin to introduce gruel to the pups early to ease mom's load.  We shall see how that goes.  

I also changed up the pen a bit to introduce a potty area which IS being used!  Not perfectly but it does take some time to learn new things!  All species learn at different times and pups are no different!


The biggest chunk in the litter.

'Here's looking at you babe'!

You woke me from my nap!

You said WHAAAT?

Can I cuddle with you??

The little guy but very curious.

Brown Male is showing a color emergence of a Phantom patterned Pup!  Look at his eyebrows and legs, you will see a slight shading of brown on them.  :+)

Will you hug me?  I would like a friend.

Lovely profile.

I only have ONE freckle on my cheek - why is that?

Enjoy the pics and soon you will be visiting!  Don't forget to make appointments!  :+)



No comments:

Post a Comment