Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Elsie x Hobbs litter has arrived!

A couple days earlier than expected but all seven appear healthy and thriving.  Appears my vet over counted the number, he thought 8 but that is easy to do when you see a plate of 'spaghetti' on x-rays!  Those spines are intertwined like you cannot believe.  +). I, for one, am very happy and thankful for these lovely pups and I am sure Elsie is happy to feed one less.

Yesterday, Elsie was quite restless, just could not settle.  When on the couch with me, she just kept looking at me and pawing my lap.  When it was time to go to bed, all seemed normal.  The lights were out, I was snugging in bed but could not sleep.  I HAD to check on Elsie one more time.  Glad I did.  I could not find her in her normal spot, so went to check the whelping pool in my office - yup, there she was and she just had her first pup!  Needless to say, my 'spider sense' was spot on!  :+) 

Here is how the rest of the night went:

  1. Female arrived at 11:31 pm, weighed 8 5/8 ounces.
  2. Female number two arrived at 11:55 pm, weighed 9 1/4 ounces.
  3. Female number three arrived at 12:12 am and weighed 81/4 ounces.
  4. First male arrived at 12:33 am and weighed 8 1/4 ounces.
  5. Number five pup was also a male and arrived at 12:55 am weighing 8 1/4 ounces.
  6. Another Female arrived at 1:30 am and weighed 9 5/8 ounces.
  7. Lastly, the third male came at 1:57 am and also weighed 9 5/8 ounces.
They are all nursing well and Elsie is so happy to have an 'unlimited' food supply.  She gobbles everything in sight and looks soooo satisfied.  With her belly so full with babies, she could only eat small portions at a time several times a day.  She is delighted to eat her full now.

I will be contacting the people on her list soon to see if there are any changes.

Welcome to ADNE little ones!

Ms. Elsie is quite proud of her lovely litter of apricot beauties. 


7 comments:

  1. She is a beautiful girl and now seven beautiful pups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ro. She is also very sweet and easy to have around. Such a great girl in so many ways. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Elsie looks great and what a pretty litter of pups. Their coats just glow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! They do have such pretty coats. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! How do you get on the list?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elsie's list is already sold. My website has a tab for sending in an application under Purchase Details. My wait list is about a year long as I only have about five litters a year in assorted colors.

    ReplyDelete