Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Axel - 4 weeks old! (Sadie x Jaxon)


 This week I have taken Axel outdoors to explore textures - the turf, the pavers and the wooden stairs and aisle.  He was quite curious and happy to smell and wander.  His mom, Sadie, would not leave him alone - always sniffing and guiding him this way and that.  With her being so pushy, I would sometimes leave her in the house so he and I could be 'cumbersome free' to do as we pleased!  I want Axel to explore at an early age so he is comfortable in odd settings and become very accustomed to places other than his crate area. Early exploration encourages confidence and stability in pups.

Without siblings to play with, Axel needs lots of stimulation from me and the other doodles in our home so he is allowed out of his area to mingle and enjoy our company.  As the weeks go by, he will have more and more time out of his safe zone to grow and learn.

I just love those white toes and short, high set ears!  His nose is slowly turning black and his little fat tail wiggles more and more as he identifies my voice.

Here he is on top of the Play Skol slide outside.  Axel is now four weeks of age and weighs 4 3/4 lbs., slightly above average.  Hopefully, he will agree to eat the gruel I have been making for him and mommy can go back home as soon as he does eat it with enthusiasm!  Right now, he still prefers mommas milk!!




No comments:

Post a Comment