Saturday, September 4, 2021

Update on Sadie and her son.

I am beyond thrilled that Sadie is a loving and dedicated mom to her chunky son.  Typically, breeders are very concerned when there is only one pup in a litter because of a variety of reasons.  I know I was - given this was the first time that a c-section was performed in my program because of only having a singleton pup.  Many moms do not want to care for their baby because of the anesthesia, so you may have to tube feed the pup for the first 24 hours - not so with Sadie.  Later in the afternoon of her surgery, she willingly laid there as her son suckled.  Sadie is licking him often with a  gentle tongue to keep him clean and stimulated.  He is a strong boy and readily scoots to her to feed and cuddle.  I feel very, very lucky.  :+) 

He is a cutie for sure.  I will post a pic of him once he is big enough to get a decent one.  :+) 

No comments:

Post a Comment