Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Jonnie's litter - 1 day old!

Given these little angels only began their journey a quarter after midnight on 2/2, I thought you might like to see them in a group.  They love the heating pad underneath the fleece pen cover and cuddle there when mommy is outdoors, eating or having some time to herself.

I had a full nights sleep and felt revived this morning!  Went grocery shopping as Carl puppy sat the group in the office.  :)

This morning, I also weighed each pup to see if they were gaining and to see how Jonnie's milk production was doing and was happy all seven had gained at least an ounce!  Good going Jonnie!  It appears Jonnie loves raw chicken necks and they are very good for her and milk production.  Jonnie gets fed constantly - always something in her dish and she decides when and what she will eat.  When the food is gone, more is put in.  A nursing dog should NEVER be hungry or not have fresh water!  Each day, I add homemade Bone Broth on her food - full of nutrition.

I already had to change their ID collars from the ones they had at birth!  Can you tell the chocolates from the blacks?

2 comments:

  1. My first thought reading this was that when Brinkley’s time comes, she is going to love the food!
    I think I can discern the chocolates from the blacks...but you can’t miss the big cream/caramel boy ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you cannot! He is a chunky one too!

    ReplyDelete