Monday, February 24, 2020

JONNIE X DUCKIE - WEEK 3!

Jonnie and the pups are all settled in now.  The third week is always the beginning of the pups recognizing their environment and each other.  Several times now, I see them 'mouth wrestling' with each other - it is beyond adorable. They are also beginning to vocalize when they see Jonnie - especially for the first feeding in the morning!!  After a large breakfast, Jonnie is happy to fill their bellies with nutritious milk.  Then they literally pass out for a long nap.

Hooray for Jonnie - she has finally figured out that the pup door 'swings both ways'!!  She happily goes out now for some sunshine and potty needs.  She barks at my neighbors along with my pack and I have to call everyone in.  I respect my neighbors and don't like annoying barking myself.

Numerous times I also let them all out the front door to 'watch' what is going on across  the street.  It is like television to them.  The town workers come and go with a pack of doodles letting them know they are being 'supervised'.  If a jogger goes by, that is like a Budweiser commercial at the Super Bowl - remember those???  They love it - all of them go into overdrive - poor jogger.  However, I don't discourage that as they are 'alerting' us someone is near.

Hopefully, I will start to introduce gruel to the pups during the week.  Usually, around three and a half weeks, the pups are ready for something more substantial than milk.  They are growing like crazy now and becoming more alert and active.  A potty box will also be introduced for initial potty training.  I should have developmental news for the four week update.  :+)

I have two openings in this litter.  Best way to contact me is by phone or email NOT Facebook posts! Remember, if you are filling out an application, please use a computer not your iPhone or iPad.  Lastly, I have had a couple of people try to do this at work - many work places will block your ability to fill out an application online - you can do it via the non-online link on the application page. Copy and paste it to my email:  joycetabor@gmail.com.

I used a 'bright' setting on these pics to show you how their color is developing.

Pink is the smallest pup in the litter.  Probably will be around 17 lbs. like her dad, Duckie.

Green Boy's coloring is really popping!

I had to wake up Coal Boy to take his pic.  I think he is annoyed.  

Teal Girl just settled right in for her photo shoot.  Thank you, Teal!

Violet's eyebrows are beginning to really turn silvery - so cute!

Blue Boy was the first to wag his tail at my voice.  :+)

Another striking coat color explosion!  Rose Girl! Notice her hazel eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment