Sunday, February 9, 2020

Spa Day for Jonnie.

Jonnie deserved some TLC, so today I gave her a nice warm bath, blew her dry, gave her a bit of a massage and then did some clipping.  She was very good except for wanting to get to her puppies after a bit.

The pool covers I made are a Godsend!  It was a great idea posted on one of the breeder websites and I can tell you - it makes such a difference.  Moms typically want to 'dig and fluff up' their bedding and many times you will find a puppy buried under the folds yelling its head off.  Having these pool covers prevents all that from happening.  I have a nice variety with a couple of duplicate patterns and so grateful I spent the time and effort to have a nice stockpile.  :+)

I can tell you that this girl is chowing down her food.  I switched to a bigger bowl and loaded it with her breakfast and she downed every bit!  When I did it again at lunch, I did not think she could possibly eat that much a second time - but she did!  This thrills me.  Each day as I weigh the pups, I can feel their full bellies and see the contentment.  Hopefully, some of that food is staying with Jonnie and not all going to the pups but it is difficult to achieve that nice balance.  Once I start feeding gruel to the pups, Jonnie will be able to keep more weight on her.  Don't we human mommies wish all our baby weight would 'disappear' like it does on dogs!!!!

Jonnie sitting pretty after her bath and clipping.

Back with her babies.  Don't worry, they are all there but I bet a couple are tucked under her belly.   :+)

2 comments: