Wednesday, February 5, 2020

We're back!!!

Bright and early this morning I was getting ready to bring the pups to the vets.  Warmed up the car and the heat pads full of beads to hold the heat for both the cloth carrier that I use to transport newborns; as well as the larger heat pad for the bed they would share with Jonnie for the trip.  I had already fed Jonnie and my other doodles before loading up the car.

Dr. Kelleher carefully checked over Jonnie and asked me the usual questions...is she eating and drinking?  'Yes'.  How are her stools?  'Firm'.  Her heart, eyes, gums all look good but she seems a bit warm.  'She was traveling on a heat pad to protect the pups from chills'. Vet - Oh, no problem then but keep an eye on her just in case.  'Of course, I will'.

Then he took the pups to the surgical area to be fully checked over and to have their dew claws removed.  I have this done so they don't get ripped off from catching on branches, sweaters, etc. or get cut at the groomers.  The verdict?  All the pups are doing great, no cleft palates or concerns and we happily left.  :+)

Once home, Jonnie nursed the pups, ate again, and all is peaceful.  :+)

The pups are perfectly content as mom looks on.

2 comments:

  1. Jonnie looks very content. She really is a pretty dog!
    The little bundles look snug and none worse for the trip.
    Glad to hear good reports for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an attentive momma. Thankfully, they are all gaining due to her good appetite. It isn't always that way!! I love good eaters! :+)

    ReplyDelete