Monday, March 2, 2020

JONNIE x DUCKIE - WEEK 4

Oh boy has this week been fun to observe the growth of the pups!  They have had some 'free time' on the pads that are on the tile floor and I watch them wiggle here and there.  I don't want them on the tile yet, as their foot pads lack traction and they slip.

Now that they recognize my voice, I get a bunch of wagging tails when I am with them.  They are beginning to play with each other for very short periods but still nap most of the day.

I continue to offer a bowl of milk gruel twice a day - morning and evening and they are lapping it up but not eagerly.  Soon, that bowl will become 'the be all to end all' and once that happens, I begin to reduce Jonnie's portions and increase theirs for the eventual weaning process.

Now is the time to contact me about visiting the pups.  I am available most days and weekends. You are limited to about a half hour with them as they tire easily.  Once pups are settled back in their pen, I am happy to answer your questions in the kitchen area.  Our adult doodles would definitely enjoy your company and attention as we talk.  I limit each day to only three visits.  Shoes need to be left at the door and hands washed.  PLEASE make it a direct route from your house to mine.  Any place you stop at can be a health issue to the pups as they have no immunity at this young age.

Enjoy the pics!  Notations are this weeks' observations - all subject to change in a blink!  :+)

Blue Boy - 3 1/2 lbs.  Bright. Always wagging his tail.

Rose Girl - 3 lbs.  Inquisitive.

Teal Girl - 2 3/4 lbs. A thinker.

Green Boy - 3 lbs. Enjoys exploring.

Pink Girl - 2 1/2 lbs. Small and gentle.

Coal Boy - 2 3/4 lbs. Self entertaining.

Violet Girl - 3 lbs. Social and engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment