Friday, March 6, 2020

Sadie has arrived!!

Right around noontime, Sadie came back to where she was born almost 2 1/2 years ago to have her first litter.

After introducing her to Daisy (her momma!), Gunny, Olive, Willis and Harriet, Sadie felt right at home.  She is following me everywhere and happily sat with me on the couch while I had lunch.  I am so glad I decided to ask her guardian to bring her crate because as I type, she is relaxing inside of it.  :+)

She was very good as I gave her a sanitary trim in preparation for the pups' arrival and I also trimmed her eyes and ears while I was at it.  Keeping everything trimmed up prevents a lot of mess during the delivery!  Afterwards, I will clean her up and eventually give her a full groom.  Doodle coats grow quickly and she will look right as rain by the time she goes home.  :+)

Since I still have Jonnie and her pups, both moms will be kept separate from each other as hormones truly bring out the 'bear' in mommas!!  I am grateful for two separate areas outdoors for potty purposes.  :+)






Sadie is expecting six pups.  Some of the chocolate ones will become Lavender, like Sadie.  It is such a unique color that stops most people in their tracks.  I don't expect any of the chocolates to remain dark chocolate as my chocolate lines all have dilution genes in them.  There may be an assortment of dilute chocolate, cream and black with the possibility of a Sable (think Wolf colors), Abstract (having bits of white) or Phantom (like Jonnie's litter).  Mother Nature just loves playing tricks with her DNA color wheel!  I love surprises, so always look forward to what she has in store.

I have availability in this litter of small mediums - 28 to 32 lbs. and 17 - 18 inches.  Go home date will be in May.  Once she delivers, I will have a specific date for pick up.  If anyone is interested in a pup, please send in an application from my website located under the Purchase Details tab.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Sadie looks very comfortable in her new/old home ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is doing really well! I am in the office often, so decided to put her crate there and she is happily laying down in it. :+)

      Delete
  2. Hoping for a good delivery and healthy momma and puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen! I always hope for the best outcomes. :+)

      Delete