Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sadie's pups were moved!

Now that their eyes are fully open, I needed to move Sadie's pups to a new area, but where???  I could not put them in the Pup Room yet, as Jonnie's pups are there and need their space.  Hence, the corner of my kitchen would work for a short period.  :+)

Happily, the move went smoothly.  I also included a potty tray as an introduction to 'using a bathroom' and that clicked with them immediately.  NICE!  Sadie lets me know when she wants to go in to nurse and check them over and the other adult doodles here go over to say 'Hello' through the bars which the pups enjoy.

I also had to put new ID collars on them - they are growing like crazy and quite plump.

They won't be in this area for long but until I come up with a new solution, it works for right now.  The most important criteria is that they get exposure to the house and new noises. Hopefully, our plans for Jonnie's puppy Pick Up Day will go smoothly.  If not, I will think of something else. On Saturday, I will weigh them and take pictures!

You can barely see the urine spots on the potty pad.  They just totter on their shaky legs to do their business.  :+)

A view from further away. Quite content.
Had to add this pic.  Sadie had just finished nursing them.  Rocky is 'milk drunk'.  Look at those full bellies!

4 comments:

  1. Yankee ingenuity 🤗 They look perfectly content in that spot - especially when their tummies are full ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Sadie is a good mommy! :+)

    ReplyDelete