Monday, March 16, 2020

SIX WEEKS OLD! - JONNIE x DUCKIE

Oi vey - the teeth!!!  Nothing is sacred!  They are piranhas - pants, shoes, sweaters, socks, laces, toes, hair and fingers are all the same to them right now.  I feel like I should put on an 'Ironman's suit'.  :+)

They are still lovable though and cute as can be in spite of those needle-like teeth.  I actually let them out in the ally this week for some really fresh air.  They loved it and meandered down and under the ramp, chomping on leaves and sticks (thank goodness) and chasing each other around.  They enjoyed it immensely and I had some peaceful cleaning up time without seven munchkins trying to eat the broom, chase the vacuum or jump into the utility pail.

With all those teeth available to crunch all within their grasp, they are now eating FROMM's Puppy Food dry.  Good exercise for their mouths, right??  As expected, Blue Boy is the GOBBLER, so now he will be eating by himself so the others will have equal opportunity to get their share.  Once they catch up, we can assess feeding as a group once again.  However, I do switch to single bowl feeding around 8 or 9 weeks of age.

We had some more visitors this past week and have taken pictures with an Irish theme to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day.  :+)


Green Boy is at 4 lbs. this week.

Pink is 3 1/4 lbs.

Coal weighs 3 1/4 lbs.

Rose Girl is at 3 1/2 lbs. this week.

Blubber Boy is a hefty 4 3/4 lbs!

Teal Girl 3 lbs.


Phooey!  My feelings exactly, Violet!  3 1/2 lbs.  

A point I need to make is I will not be able to have this group of pups go to my Ophthalmologist Vet, as I normally do.  They are closing for everything but emergencies due to this virus. I had made their appointment but they cancelled it.  :+(   Nothing I can do about it. I always provide this service to my customers but my hands are tied on this litter, unfortunately.

On another note:  I do intend to keep this litter's pick up date for April 5th.  If worse comes to worse, I will have to forfeit the group meeting and will instead bring your pup to YOUR car in the driveway with your info packet and pup tote.  There will be no photos or handshakes.  If you have any questions, you can call or email me.  THIS WILL ONLY BE DONE IF THINGS TRULY GET WORSE.  

Hopefully, if anyone is ill, that person will stay home and send someone who is not ill.  We can all beat this virus using common sense and consideration.

4 comments:

  1. They may be nibblers, but what a photogenic group this is! ☘️🌈💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet group of pups!! So cute. Your blog posts are so visual and descriptive. It's like we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. Although it does take quite a bit of time and effort, I truly enjoy the weekly pics and descriptions. :+)

    ReplyDelete