Saturday, January 2, 2021

At last! Elsie & Hobbs Litter - WEEK FOUR!

 Whew!  Such busy times for us here at ADNE.  I ended up having to keep Ms. Jonnie Cache over for a few days as what I had hoped would have been her 'breeding' day, did not become a breeding day.  Rather than send her back with her guardian, we made the decision for her to stay with me until appropriate to breed.  So, we added another doodle here along with our family over the holidays!    We are keeping our fingers crossed that Jonnie will be bred on Tuesday and return to her family.

In the meantime, Elsie's pups have enjoyed eating their gruel!  Yep, they are now not only gobbling up momma's milk but expanding their palate with Gerber Rice Cereal with Gerber Baby Turkey meat.  They love it - eagerly waddling to the bowl.  I so look forward to this time as they are now animated and make the cutest noises.  

Additionally, I am now accepting visits from their potential owners and I was so happy to have Elsie's guardians here today for the first intro to strangers. The pups showed their delight with wagging tails and happy smiles.  They investigated the space outside their pen with curiosity and confidence.  Tomorrow they will have another visit and more interactions as the weeks progress.

Over the next two weeks or so, I will be slowly weaning Elsie as I provide more food for the pups.  I know her guardians are anxious to get her back home but it is not something to rush.  All in good time.  :+)








I sure hope that I will be able to have their weekly pics up earlier than the evening next week.  Weekend births are the hardest to get done early as visitors primarily come on weekends!!  :+)


2 comments:

  1. Hope things go well on Tuesday with Jonnie.
    This crew gets cuter each week 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those beautiful faces! By the looks they are enjoying their gruel immensely! I love this age. Good luck with Jonnie tomorrow🤞

    ReplyDelete