Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A new 'toy' and an exposure to outdoors for Sadie's litter. (5.3 wks.)

Today I looked for the play mat to put into the Pup room.  Once put up, some of the pups were quite intrigued by the new addition.

Afterwards, the afternoon was sunny and mild, so I opened the door to the alley and let them peer out at me as I encouraged them to make the move to check out the alley.  I had a couple of brave souls go to the edge of the door frame but then chickened out.  :+). Eventually, I brought them out in twos to check the outdoor space.  They were quite subdued as their noses smelled the pavers and checked underneath the ramp.  All of them eventually came in by themselves.  If it is nice tomorrow, I will let them out again to see how much more confident they will be.  Small steps...day by day.











4 comments:

  1. What a busy little crew! You do so much to ensure that they grow in self confidence as well as size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can do is expose them to stimuli. How they develop is all about continued training and exposure by their owners. Some develop early, while others need time and more patience. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so adorable! Getting very excited for pick up day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I think everyone is. :+) I hope we can have my normal 'discussion' bout their notebook and pups in general.

    ReplyDelete