Thursday, April 2, 2020

WE'RE HOME!

After dropping them off early this rainy morning, I went home to clean and re-arrange the Pup Room for when they would return.  I added small crates because I want them to 'check them out' before going home.  I changed the type of litter box, so they cannot touch any litter or cause any dust to possibly infect their incision (some pups like to sleep in potty boxes).

I carried each one individually from the car to their new pen.  Each had a small serving of Royal Canine Puppy Mousse because they can't have a full meal yet.  This food is very dense, full of calories and highly nutritious and is used for any animal that needs quality nourishment after surgery.

They will be restricted to just one outside pen for fresh air other than the whole play yard.  This will minimize them from running too much which could cause their incision to swell.  Amazingly, the pups feel so good, they WANT to run around!

When they go home to you on Sunday, they still need to be restricted from excessive play for 7 more days.  Yes, they can walk, run a bit, chase a ball a short distance and be held.  No jumping or crazy company getting them all excited.  They should have a few days of a quiet household to bond with his or her new family and be low key.  If they get too excited and boisterous, put them in their safe zone to mello out.

The new set up.

Hopefully, they will choose to sleep in the crates tonight!  :+)

Awake and wanting out!

All the pups wondering why the new arrangement.

Characters.  :+)

Please let us out!!!



5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update. I was thinking about them all day. Such sweet babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet every buyer of these pups were! Now that I have fed, pups, doodles and Sadie Doodle, I shall make dinner for Carl and I. Long day! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could send you two steak dinners for taking such good care of these little ones. Hopefully a restful evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, thanks for the nice thought but I had pulled out some homemade spaghetti sauce knowing it would be a busy, busy day. Easy to warm up. :+)

      Delete
  4. They are so darn cute!! I love the "let me out" look on all of them!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete