Thursday, April 30, 2020

Temperament Testing is done for the Sadie x Boomer litter.

We were all home in time for lunch.  The ride up went pretty well.  I had one that was vocal for a bit but she stopped after about 20 minutes.  I know it was a female because Rocky is not as vocal as his sisters - who typically have quite a bit to say.

As always, there were surprises as well as expected results.  Miss Bluebelle was the HUGE surprise - she absolutely LOVED the entire experience.  The trainer said 'I would love five doodles like this one'!  I was shocked at her performance - goes to show that you really cannot predetermine behavior unless it is challenged.  Going to a new place with new smells, new people and different obstacles to overcome truly help traits to be exposed.  Kudos to you Bluebelle!

Rocky was also in his element, showing off all over the place.  Just proved to me an active, busy, energetic and social environment will be his cup of tea.  My trainer felt he would love to learn 'Nose work' - interesting.  :+)

The rest were somewhere in the middle and I expect my trainer's reports on Sunday.

The ride home was very quiet, not a peep.  :+)


No comments:

Post a Comment