Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Clara is on Day 58!

Hello!

I gave Clara her 'maternity' cut this morning and we are just waiting for the arrival of her little ones. She is eating and has settled in very nicely.

Last night I set up the whelping tent and it appears she inspected it and was satisfied with the accommodations. :+) Typically, dams prefer a secluded, dark spot that makes them feel safe and will provide warmth as well as protection from the elements. When Maple whelped last December, I did this and it worked out beautifully. Hence the repeat for Clara Belle. She is near the doggie door so has access at will for pottying and the gate prevents my other dogs from 'crowding' her. I can easily view all from my kitchen door, so I am comfortable with the set up as well.

Unfortunately my camara setting was not very good and in the first pic Clara looks completely white! The second one shows her 'parti' coloring better.






No comments:

Post a Comment