Tuesday, October 22, 2019

HOORAY! SHILO HAS A NEW HOME!!

First, I would like to thank my breeder friend, Mary Pat of Nestlewood Labradoodles for posting about her on her Facebook Page.  A wonderful couple saw it and contacted me.

Christy and Tom came to visit Shilo last Friday and claimed that she was exactly what they were looking for and it was obvious Shilo felt the same way.  I waited a long time and it certainly paid off. Shilo and her new owners are a perfect fit and I know she will be loved, spoiled and trained well.

I will post a pic when she is picked up on Tuesday, October 29th.

--------------------------

On a different note, the storm here last Wednesday did a number here at ADNE.  A huge old pine tree fell in our front yard and just missed our home by ten feet!!  I never heard it fall and it was over 80 feet tall!  The wind and rain was so intense I did not know until I looked out my window the next morning.  Imagine my surprise!  My first thought was - Thank GOD it missed the house!  Also, the way it fell was not across my driveway but along the side of it crushing our fence for the doodles on that side.  So, lots of wood to be cut up, branches to be removed and debris to be raked and removed.  It will take my husband the rest of this week to clean it up then the poor man needs to re-do our fence.  I sure hope he enjoyed his trip to New Orleans while all this happened.  He is sure paying for it now!  Oi.  Here are a couple of pics.




3 comments:

  1. Wow that tree is enormous! Thank goodness it missed the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was! Carl still has the trunk to cut up - it must be five feet around!! It stretched from the front yard to almost my side door steps! I could not believe it missed the house. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly, Joyce, what a shock it must have been to wake up to that! Remarkable how you were spared major damage.

    ReplyDelete