Friday, November 8, 2019

Pondering who I will mate for YEAR 2020 puppies!

As with all things determined by Mother Nature, everything is subject to change!  However, I always have 'wish lists' just like the majority of my buyers do.

Let's talk about Ms. Sadie Benz first.  She is a lovely 'lavender' colored girl that was a chocolate color for her first year but, like most chocolates, they 'evolve'.  There are very few Australian Labradoodles that remain chocolate all of their lives due to dilutions that have been introduced into the lines.  So, if your heart is set on a chocolate, my lines will not produce one. They will become Cafe (a mixture of chocolate and silvery colored hair strands i.e. Gunny) or Lavender (a beautiful shade of a silvery taupe with either blue or pink tones - i.e. Sadie)  I will be breeding Sadie to either a chocolate or black male which will produce phantoms, abstracts (solid with some white) or solids in all colors.

Cafes look like my girl Gunny, who appears to look like mostly chocolate but you see the silvery highlights especially in strong light like shown.  Gunny truly is darker than Sadie.

Gunny with her newborns last year.  Notice the chocolate newborns??

I just received a great pic of Sadie in her pretty Lavender color:

Sadie all stretched out in her glory!  Similar to Gunny but much lighter when compared side by side.

Now another color of 'chocolate' is called Caramel.  If you are a fudge lover, you may know of a type called Penuche which is NOT brown at all but a light vanilla shade.  That is what doodle breeders describe as Caramel.  A Caramel doodle MUST NOT have a black nose.  It is a brownish colored nose - some are dark and others are light brown or even rosy brown in color.

This is Phineas, he is a caramel - notice his light colored nose and hazel eyes?

My next girl I may breed is a large miniature named Elsie Malloy.  Elsie is 25 lbs and about 17 inches in height - a nice sturdy girl.  She is an apricot.  Apricots also have 'tones' such as light apricot or dark - almost reddish.  Sometimes they bleach out a bit in the summer sun and then get darker again in the winter months.  Elsie is like that.  I have three boys I am considering:  Duckie, Emmett and possibly Hobbs (who may be too young yet).  All three males would produce some pups in the phantom, parti or solid color range.

Elsie prancing around in the sun.


My last consideration will be my mini, Jonnie Cache.  However, breeding her will depend entirely on timing.  If she cycles too close to the above two, I will pass and breed her the next breeding cycle.  My thoughts are either Duckie Mallard or Hobbs.  Either stud will produce phantoms, like Jonnie (two colors) in either black and tan or chocolate and tan.

Jonnie has the coloration of a Yorkie.  Her black saddle on her back has silver strands.  She is a full phantom pattern.
All of the above doodles have more pics and full health information under the CURRENT BREEDERS TAG on my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment