Friday, December 14, 2007

THEY ARE HERE!


Annabelle is tired, but happy to have all her babies delivered.


As you can see, we have NO CHOCOLATES! I knew this was a possibility, and confirms the findings of the PID genetic company I used to confirm or disprove the previous company's color formula.


And yes, Annabelle produced a lovely apricot/white parti female that I now will have a very hard time deciding which one I want to add to our program - her or the black female. Oi Vey!!


It will take a few more weeks, but I feel that this litter are all fleece coated. This means all their coats will favor the coat type of Rumple and Willis on the website. Of course, there could be changes, but for now....this is my prediction.

The whelping was quick once it started at 9:20 PM. Annabelle finished whelping the last pup at 12:18 AM - so just about three hours to deliver 9 babies!

This morning Annabelle feasted on chicken wings and goat's milk laced with supplements and vanilla ice cream. :+)

Puppy Identification:
  • For a week or so, the pups will have yellow bands for the boys and pink bands for the girls. All the bands are numbered according to their delivery into the world.
  • Puppy #5 is a black male with a large white chest mark.
  • Puppy #6 is also a black male with a small white chest mark, and a tiny white goatee.
  • Puppy #9 is a black female with a white mark under her chin and white back toes.
  • Except for the parti female, the others are solid in color upon inspection with these tired eyes! :+)
  • They were all between 10 and 11 ounces at birth except little #8 black female who tipped the scales at 8 ounces!!!
I will add more pics, so keep watching!! I am taking a well deserved rest along with Annabelle.

1 comment:

  1. Patton aka "red boy" is asleep under the xmas tree right this minute. a perfect puppy... even if he did find and eat an entire bag of dog biscuits in my car today while I was in a store.

    ReplyDelete