Friday, December 23, 2011

Olive will be bred soon and my fingers are crossed for BLACKS!

I forecast a busy winter here at Annabelle Doodles of New England!  Beautiful, black Olive Oyl has finally come back into heat after a year+ long hiatus and will be bred to Southern Maine Labradoodles's, ARI.  This boy is a solid medium (18" and 35 lbs.) and is an excellent match for Olive, so their pups will be a bit bigger than Clara's at maturity.

ARI has produced wonderful pups for his breeder with 'therapy like' temperaments and quality coats.  I expect the same.  According to our color DNA experts, this mating should produce half blacks and half cream blends.  It has been a long time since I have had blacks available and I simply LOVE the way the sun makes them sparkle and shine like black diamonds.  My absolute favorite color in the Labradoodle color wheel.


This is the handsome, ARI with a friend.  I love the way his coat drapes just like Olive's does.  ARI does not carry for chocolate, so all the pups will either be black like mom or cream with strong black pigment, like dad.  A stunning combination, to be sure!

There is a chance some pups may have curly coats, but my prediction is that most of them will have wavy, easy care coats like their parents.

This is what ARI's owner says about him:
'He is sweet, gentle and very patient with everything and everyone. He is honestly the perfect dog.'

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Aly! Keeping my fingers crossed there will be the perfect black boy for you in her litter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce! John and I were wondering how you have found your pups do when another pup enters the picture:-) Thinking maybe Brewster might like a furry sister! Thanks so much! Amy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I have multiple 'two' doodle homes - they are very happy to have a sibling to wrestle with and entertain themselves when their family is off somewhere and they can't come.

    I always advise that the first doodle should be adequately trained so that they are a good example for the newcomer. Having a trainer introduce them always works best and obedience classes for the new pup is required just like the original doodle. This allows the new pup to have the 'one on one' time so needed to be a confident and well mannered dog.

    Please let me know if it is time for an 'addition' as I am only taking two more apps. for Olive's litter. Of course, if either girl has more than I expect, I will re-open the availability.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete