Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beautiful BLACKS!

Posted by Picasa
I am one of the few breeders that embrace black Labradoodles and these beauties deserve this spotlight.  Olive, on the left is a prime example of a wavy fleece-coat and Capriccio aka Capi is a perfect example of a curly fleece-coat.  Both these Labradoodles are easy to comb and maintain.  Their coats can be left longer because of the way the hair lies smoothly against their bodies.  Most wool coats 'spring' outwards and become very frizzy when long; whereas, single coated fleeces lay and blow in the breeze.  Please don't think that I don't like wool coats, because I most certainly do!  I think nothing is cuter than a Labradoodle with a plethora of curly rings.  However, curly wools should be kept short for easier maintainance for you and more comfort for the Labradoodle.

Owning several wools as well as fleece coated dogs - I always keep them shorter in the summer so that they can enjoy our pool to keep cool and for exercise.  My fleeces dry in less than an hour, but the wools remain damp for several.   

6 comments:

  1. When is the train leaving the station? Could it stop by Brewer on its travels? I love the blacks. They look very regal to me. Capi has grown so much! They are beautiful as all of your dogs are. Thanks for posting. Neat to see the comparison of wavy and curly coats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Felix were in my backyard for a trio of beautiful blacks!

    Yes, Capi is growing like crazy and is already 31 lbs. at 6 months. Love how he is turning out. It is going to be very difficult for breeders to pick which one of these 'tall, dark and handsome' studs they could use on their ladies. :+)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Felix is 30 pounds. He (Capi) has grown so fast since we last saw him. He is still absolutely gorgeous, but I am a little biased on the blacks. Does Olive think so? Would that be a good match? So many great choices. All of your dogs have such beautiful coats. You certainly know what you are doing!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Actually, Olive would be a wonderful match with Capi but I fear Olive will be spayed before Capi finishes his testing well enough to be her mate. :+( It appears I will need to find another handsome stud when Olive cycles next.

      Delete
    3. Too bad, although I know it will be a wonderful match no matter what, as that is all there is at Annabelle Doodles! Then we can drool over the latest puppy pictures that you post. Do all of your females have three litters?

      Delete
    4. All of my GUARDIAN females only have three litters. Olive is my only girl that still lives with me so she will have another litter. I like to retire all my girls by five years old whether guardian or not. :+)

      Delete