Sunday, April 3, 2016

Busy day!

First apologies for not doing individuals today - the day was a bit hectic with puppy social class, pup visitors and 7 pup baths before their surgeries tomorrow.

Finally, pups are done and finishing their drying time in the pen. All the towels and  bedding are being washed along with their toys. A new fresh bed was placed in the pen as well as new toys added for them to entertain themselves. I will be feeding them individually tonight so that I know all have had their full allotment. They will also have another 'snack' at 10 pm to keep their glucose 'up' during the night.

Small dogs use up their calories quickly so it is important that they have a bit of extra food before having surgery. My vet will also give them some glucose just prior to the surgery. As always, I will have bloodwork done on each pup to further assure that all is normal prior to anesthesia./surgery.

As soon as I know they are all done, I will update here. Typically, I do not have the pups back until late afternoon or early evening.  These pics show the pups in various degrees of drying up from their baths. Miss Raven is in there tucked deep into the bedding - if you look carefully, you can see a bit of her in the second pic.

Happily, they were all very, very good as I bath them in my kitchen sink. I also used my hair dryer and they did not mind at all.  Although all of them were extremely compliant, I have to say that both black girls (Jules and Raven) were the most compliant. They laid there and let me do my thing. :+)



No comments:

Post a Comment