Sunday, August 28, 2016

I know most vets insist on Heartworm prevention, but the link provided below is interesting....

Please highlight and copy this link in your Browser to read it.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2016/08/28/heartworm-disease-dogs.aspx?utm_source=petsnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20160828Z1&et_cid=DM115247&et_rid=1640064957

I feel it is always good to provide my customers with opinions of other professionals in the veterinary field. Heartworm is something I do NOT give to my six Labradoodles that live with us. We have ten acres - much of it woods housing deer. There is a pond, pool and swampy areas all around us. In May and October, I have my doodles tested with the 4DX test as a precautionary measure.

Keeping the immune systems strong in my doodles by incorporating both traditional and holistic methods has been successful for almost 14 years.  It is my belief, the raw diet, usage of minimal vaccines and avoidance of most chemical agents has been a very important part of their continued health.

2 comments:

  1. copied and saved ( the above article ) I am anxious to hear about the raw diet and holistic methods you use..
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you having all of this information so available. Just like all the things I didn't know before we had Emmy, it has been good to read about all things dog related. It really is crazy when you start looking at the # of cases documented in the US and the way vets push all the meds. Thank you once again for having the information I was looking for ; )

    ReplyDelete