Friday, November 26, 2010

Clara's x-ray shows what I expected - a small litter.

Typically an early ultra sound proves that a dog is pregnant. Yes, you can count puppies, but it is difficult to make an accurate count. I typically back up the u/s with an x-ray later in their pregnancy. Because of Clara Belle's late breeding, I suspected she would have a small litter and made the decision to breed Olive for puppies to be born a bit later than Clara's.

My plan is to also pick a 'breeding pup' from each litter as a prospect for later inclusion in my program. It is a prerogative many breeders use to assure themselves of future stock.

At the moment, there should be enough pups for all my Clara/Olive applications. Some of you may need to switch to Olive's list, if gender, color or litter size don't match up from Clara. In any event, pups will be going home in either early March (Clara) or early April (Olive). Spring is a great time for bringing a pup into your household!

I plan to bred Maple in January, if she stays on schedule. Maple's pups should be ready for homes sometime in June. Her list is open at this time.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated. :+)

No comments:

Post a Comment