Wednesday, October 26, 2011

VACCINES, again....!

It is my hope that many of my customers check here every now and again for updates. Vaccines are a huge part of your doodles vet visits and it is my hope that you will read this link and perhaps rethink your yearly vaccine protocol offered by your vet's office.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2009/08/04/when-it-comes-to-vaccinating-your-pet-less-is-more.aspx

I know all of you want to do what is best, but sometimes the adage 'less is more' is exactly what needs to be done. As you all know, I am not an advocate of excessive vaccines. I do embrace a holistic approach to most issues and believe that building strong immune systems provides your pet with the best weapons for fighting issues - not vaccines or topical preventatives.

Joyce

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Joyce. As the cooler weather sets in (and therefore, many of the disease carrying insects go away for the winter) I'm thinking about exactly this topic. I'm going over what our vets recommendations are, and this is exactly the kind of article I need to read, to balance out the pro-vaccine arguments. I won't get to an in-depth review of all of this til later in the winter, but it is scratching at the back of my mind. So, perfect timing with this article, at least for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always glad to know that some clients read these posts and dig deeper into the recommendations made by vets. There are many alternatives to simply 'vaccinating'. When I think of how all these 'shots' add up over the years, I can't help but feel uncomfortable.

    I would never do this to my children, so I feel the same way with my furry babies.

    :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we don't do this with our children, either, with the blessing of our pediatrician. Wish I had a similar blessing from my vet. He will go along with whatever I say, though.

    I figure more people read these posts than comment on them. Your blog is too much fun and much too informative to miss!

    ReplyDelete