Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A changing environment.




 
Posted by PicasaAs I watch this group grow, it is advantegeous to keep rearranging their area in small increments.  Today, I removed the bumper and added an adjustable double water bowl.  I am finding that they are drinking a lot more water now that Olive is not nursing them constantly.  My feeding them solid food about three times a day allows Olive to slowly reduce her milk supply.  She still goes in with them and nurses but they are not solely dependent on her now.   I don't need the bumpers any longer because they have been able to regulate their temperatures for about two weeks now.  As newborns, Olive and I must provide the proper warmth (and prevent drafts) for them to thrive.  Plus, removing the bumpers allows them to see more of their surroundings - another new experience for them. 

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to tell the stuffed animals from the puppies!

    ReplyDelete