Sunday, October 14, 2012

Olive's pups at 4.1 weeks old. :+)

The pups continue to grow and grow and are developing little personalities.  They know my voice very well now and when I climb into their pen to sit with them, they crawl over me and are even beginning to lick my hands, feet, pants, etc.  They wag their tails, bark and get easily startled with quick movements or if I move my hands too quickly which is pretty normal at this stage of life.   Some continue to hang on to me dearly when I lift them but that too will diminish over time.   :+)

Finally, I am adding 'food' to their milk.  I noticed Olive dropping a neck bone in the pen the other day which gave me the green light that she would like for them to be less dependent on her food supply.  I am obliging by continuing the Gerber Meat along with Beef Flavored Honest Kitchen mix.  I add Goat's Milk and still continue with the supplement Dyne.   I am giving them this three times a day but in very small amounts.  They need to 'prime' their digestive systems to this new food source and Olive needs to begin reducing her supply of milk by them drinking less from her.  Their appetites are extremely good.  By the way, my apologies for the pic delay - very busy weekend!

It is still the lovely month of October, so the Halloween theme continues!!  Boo!


Purple Girl weighs 4 1/4 lbs.
(She looks mad at me.  I woke her up.)

Black Girl weighs 5 1/4 lbs.
(She is so shiny, she looks slippery.)
 
Orange Girl weighs 5 1/4 lbs.
(I think she and Green Boy went to the same party.)
Teal Girl weighs 4 1/4 lbs.
(This girl should be named Wendy, the good little witch!)
Green Boy weighs 4 3/4 lbs.
(Does he not look like he has a hangover? )
Red Boy weighs 4 1/4 lbs. 
(Red has great focus and looks into your eyes all the time.)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Goodness what beauties!! Olive had quite the handsome bunch. I am so looking forward to a visit! Thank you again for the pictures and the updates, just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love them in person. It is hard to capture their colors very well with my shades down - but I am trying to get them dry (they hang outside the windows) and it keeps raining too often before they are totally dry and can be taken down! Gheesh! Purple and Teal girls have a nice apricot color but Orange girl is a bit lighter - closer to the boys' color. They are all adorable though but I am very bias. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are priceless, as usual ;-) What a crew! You can easily tell who drank too much in this bunch, and who didn't lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear, I did not allow them to imbibe anything alcoholic but those two really look like they have hangovers!!! They were too priceless not to post. Such an adorable bunch! Thanks for the compliment. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you didn't actually allow them to imbibe anything, but one never knows what mischief a group of pups can conjure when they put their little heads together lol! Plus, what intoxicates a pup might be quite different than what intoxicates a person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha! Yes, it is called 'being asleep when pics were taken'. Drunk on dreams of chasing squirrels! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all beauties, but I love purple girl. Is she apt to remain as dark as she is now? Keep the pictures coming, tho they can't compare to actually waiting for one of your cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I doubt that any of them will remain really dark except the black girl and if she is carrying extender dilution or greying genes, she could be a silver or a blue. These are things you just don't know until they are about 2 years old. :+)

    ReplyDelete