Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The pups have been moved to the Puppy Room!

Black Boy sleeps upside down a lot.
Orange Boy has the squishiest face!
Nice pillow you have there, Blue Boy!
(He is sleeping on Black Boy)
Purple Girl on the left and Green Boy on the right.
Red Girl has been sleeping with the stuffed animal.
Figgy nurses sitting up now.
Posted by Picasa
I was so surprised at how smoothly the transfer from my office to the Puppy Room went.  They hardly missed a beat.  I did wait until they had full bellies and were sleepy.  :+)  However, they have acclimated to their new surroundings beautifully.


Work started in the Puppy Room yesterday because I knew my husband had to make a trip but I needed him to put in the air conditioner before he left.  Bless his heart, he got it done.  Today, I steam cleaned the room and they made the move.  I am thrilled to have my office space once again!!

7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of black boy on his back. Felix still does this and I think it is so cute. Love the white on black boy and this will be fun to watch as he grows. I was wondering if black and blue were a lighter shade of black than orange or does it just look it in the photos? Also love the one stretching out on top of his/her friends. Really cute. Was just talking to someone who recommended a company in NH called Chasing Our Tails. They have antlers,(Named Best Antler Chew Company by the Whole Dog Journal. I had never heard of giving dogs antlers to chew on. Are raw marrow bones better? I can hear my husband using that as an excuse to get hunting by saying, "But honey, I need to go hunting to get Felix some antlers to chew on". Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antlers and marrow bones are two separate 'chew' sources. The marrow is a very rich source of nutrients that can sometimes cause diarrhea if allowed to eat too much at one sitting. The antlers are more like a true consumable chew. Again, using in moderation. I can 'hear' Tom now using Felix as a reason for the hunt. :+)

    The blacks in the litter vary mostly due to the lighting. I will know more as they grow. Orange boy is the only solid black, the other two have a bit of white on them. I, too, love the white chest blazes on the black pups. The contrast is so cute as they mature. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red girl reminds me of her daddy, he loves stuffed animals, and especially pillows under his head! They are all very cute Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will only get cuter as they grow. I LOVE this stage...just before those pin-sharp teeth erupt and they are still small enough to not wander. Three to four weeks are the 'honeymoon' stage of raising pups. After that..... 'busy' is not the best descriptive word! I admire each and every one everyday. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, they are all so beautiful. And the black pups are so sleek! Just gorgeous. All the best, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Meg! Although I am enjoying this 'honeymoon' stage, I - like all the owners of this group, am looking forward to when they run and jump and tug and chase each other. Although a very frantic time, it is so darn cute and I laugh at their antics all day long!

    On another note, I was so very disappointed when Tillie did not get pregnant but there is next time. Fingers crossed! :+)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. What a great match-up they will be!!

      Delete