Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It looks like spring will be a very busy, busy time!

Hopefully, all is well with Camden out in California. She will be returning to the East Coast at the end of February.  I know Jaxon (the stud), Annabelle (the Teaser), Dr. Estle and her vet tech, Carrey as well as myself did everything possible to assure a mating from this coast.  The facility in California told us that semen motility and both Transcervial Artificial Inseminations went like clockwork and now we all just need to wait.

With that behind us, I was just enjoying normalcy again when the call came through that Tillie (Dancing Matilda) is in season.  We will be breeding her with either a black and white parti boy in Maine or a red and white parti boy in Canada.  So, it will be an easy breed locally or a few days traveling.  Either boy is adorable and will produce wonderful pups so that is not a concern.  Weather for traveling is however, so let's all wish for crisp New England weather with no storms, okay??

UPDATE 1/23/14:  Unfortunately, circumstances beyond my ability have happened and I have to nix both the above boys for a Tillie breeding.  One boy is an IC Carrier (so is Tillie), so I must skip him. Stumbling blocks regarding border passage to Canada is the second issue.  However, I have not given up the fight just yet. Stay tuned for 'news as it happens'.


This is snuggly Tillie being pampered, as usual.

8 comments:

  1. What fun you have! Ha ha! It seemed really strange to be cheering on Felix to collect his semen. I felt like I was at a sporting event and cheering on the team. It is all so amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just have Felix collected or did you mean Jaxon (Using Annabelle as his 'girlfriend')? It truly was hysterical how they really enjoyed each other - a 'sunrise/sunset' relationship. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant when I had him collected awhile back for you. He had a long legged pleasant teaser for his first date. It was definitely a new experience for me. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you had any luck in finding a mate yet for Tillie? If you end up going to Canada, let me know as you will probably go up through Houlton and would be passing through Bangor/Brewer area. I just rethought that. I guess that wouldn't work out as Felix would be interested in Tillie. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deb! If I could have used Felix, I would have in a blink - but they are too closely related. :+(

      I am hopeful to use Dublin but Tillie just is not rising as she should so it may not even be happening. Keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
    2. I knew you couldn't use Felix. I just enjoy seeing you. I noticed you did artificial insemination with Tillie and Dublin. Does that mean they just wouldn't "get together"? I am always learning so much from you. It is very interesting.

      Delete
    3. Actually, I think Tillie and Dublin would have mated easily as they were having lots of fun 'flirting' but there were two doodles to be bred at the same time (another breeder's doodle) and we had agreed to collect Dublin and split the semen. Because of this, I had to do AI on Tillie. Maybe next time they will have a real date! :+)

      Delete
    4. What a popular boy! Ha ha. Thanks for always teaching me so much. I will be a lifelong learner and never a breeder. It astounds me on how much there is to it.

      Delete