Monday, March 10, 2014

Why I love Black Labradoodles so much.

It is a known fact....my favorite color of Labradoodle is black and I make no bones about it.  :+)  I love the shine, the reflective properties and the mystery of the color black.  They are regal in my opinion. Black doodles seem to have the softest looking brown eyes and you never see any coat staining. You don't see much dirt either but that does not mean your companion should have less baths!

Stunning black puppy at 9 weeks old.

Olive, an adult with an adolescent boy.

Olive in full length coat.

Piper Moon.
Felix is a black dilute I call charcoal.  It is exactly what he looks like!

In my program, I will always breed to produce black puppies. In Labs, Poodles and Spaniels, it is one of the most demanded and popular colors!  Why not the Labradoodle?? Yes, ticks are harder to find but tick preventatives work on all colors. Dilutes of the color black will turn like Felix and sometimes even lighter as to look silver. These colors are very difficult to know early. Felix did not begin to turn to charcoal until he was two!

The Poodle color genes are extensive and have so many dilute shades as to make your head spin. Not so with the Spaniels or the Labs - those are pretty routine. So we can thank our non-shedding, intelligent, extremely popular Poodle parent breed for the wonderfully distinctive shades of our Labradoodles!

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, Sundog and BarneyMarch 11, 2014 at 7:11 PM

    Oh, I love the blacks too! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved black. Heck for over 30 years our house was stained black until I could not find the stain shade any longer. Now, it is a deep dark (almost black) avacado color - the closest I could find to black. I never tire of this color. It IS a challenge to photograph and you need to have a great camera, perfect lighting and a good eye. I like challenges. :+) I am so looking forward to having pups after this long, cold winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lila was attracted to black doodles from the beginning. Olive is still her favorite of all your doodles, Joyce! And we certainly do love our black addition to our family - Betty's coat is gorgeous. And the combination of Alberts beautiful light brown against Betty's deep, shiny black is a sight to see as they strut down our block, or through the parks. They make a great matched set, these two :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They certainly do! Black coat's like Betty's draw people to pat her to run their fingers through it. I hope to produce more of these onyx beauties.

    Lila has good taste. :+)

    ReplyDelete