Thursday, August 13, 2015

Carriage ride.

Today, I took the five pups for a carriage ride. They will be six weeks tomorrow and it is time to start getting them stressed a bit about their world.  So aside from introducing new toys, sounds, etc., I need to expose them more to 'real life' experiences.

My road is not terribly well traveled but certainly busy enough. They ALL showed signs of being stressed by the carriage, the road, smells, cars and motorcycles buzzing past them.  They met some new people too as I negotiated the bumpy road at the trailer park. During that walk, a Jack Russell Terrier and his owner came out to greet them and exclaim how cute they were.

When we got home, they all curled up together in the shade of the outside pen and went to sleep. I will continue to do this until a ride in the carriage is a FUN experience and move on to the next stressful test. Good exercise for them (and me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment