Sunday, November 27, 2016

An addition to the Annabelle family has arrived!

Wyatt Slurp, a second generation American Labradoodle puppy is our next hopeful stud to add new DNA to our stud line-up. It is very exciting to look for unrelated prospects that will bring new blood for your breeding females.

When I saw a pic of this boy's dad, I laughed out loud because he looks like a 'cross between Tramp (remember Lady and the Tramp?) and a miniature version of an Irish Wolfhound'.  I have always loved scrappy looking dogs - something about them that warms my heart and tickles my funny bone.

A breeder known for her attention to gentle, calm, therapy lines was exactly what I was searching for. Couple that with excellent Labrador bloodlines with AKC Champions bred with an exceptionally well tested miniature Poodle and I was smitten. Raised in a home environment with five children of assorted ages is such a benefit for socially well adjusted pups.

Wheee! Ears flying with the joy of chasing the other doodles!


WYATT SLURP being lovingly held by Thaxton.
Wyatt showing off his stature. Such a sturdy little guy.

Wyatt is here at ADNE! Our first early generation American Labradoodle!
Wyatt will have a very easy to care for non-shedding coat similar to an Italian Spinonne.

I am not a generation 'snob' when it comes to breeding. One of the primary focuses of my breeding program is to always bring in new DNA to keep inbreeding coefficients low. Purchasing breeding stock from proven healthy stock (test results) promotes healthy puppies. I am looking forward to testing Wyatt in a few months to see if he will make the cut and I sure hope he does! I love his broad head, soulful eyes and easy care slightly wavy non-shedding coat. I expect Wyatt to be around 35 lbs. or so and 18 1/2 inches tall. His sturdy conformation, saber tail and wide muzzle is such a bonus. I believe he also carries for the parti and phantom genes as well.  :+)

Update:  Wyatt lives with his guardian home in Massachusetts and has a wonderful time splashing in the numerous ponds and rivers in the area. He loves to chase wild geese but has not caught one yet!

2 comments:

  1. Little Wyatt looks like a very interesting and cute addition. I can't wait to hear more about him as he grows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly is, Debbie! Although many breeders will not risk going backwards in generations, I feel it is necessary and valuable. It is a method that assures diversity of DNA while maintaining integrity of the hybrid I love. :+)

    ReplyDelete