Tuesday, July 25, 2017

TWO WEEK MARKER REACHED! Gunny x Abner litter.

I have moved the pups to the puppy room where they are quite happy and I now have room under my feet when I type.  :+)

The puppy room has air conditioning and lots of sunlight from the three walls of windows. It provides generous amounts of Vitamin D for the pups. Gunny enjoys the new space very much and can come and go as she pleases. Each night, I feel her jump on my bed for a snuggle and a kiss and then she returns to her pups. She loves me and she loves them - hard choice so she spends time with both.

This week, I added the little cute 'bunny ears' on the pups. Using some props helps frame the face from the body - an important element when taking pics of dark coated pups/dogs. Their eyes are now open but they still don't see clearly, it will take another few more days. The ears are also opening, so I need to be careful about loud noises in the room for now. Exposure to light and noise is done slowly and purposefully so they acclimate without being scared.

As you will note, the pups are growing nicely with full, warm bellies from an attentive mom.

Regarding colors - I will not know which of the light pups will be apricot or caramel until another couple of weeks. Caramels have brown pigment on their noses, eye rims and footpads; while apricots have black pigment. This takes a few weeks to develop. Gunny is chocolate and Abner is apricot but carries for the chocolate gene, so either is possible.

Green Male - 1 lb 10 oz. (Blk/Red. Phantom)

Peach Female - 1 lb. 7 oz. (Possibly a caramel or apricot)

Black Male - 1 lb. 12 oz. (Blk/Red Phantom)

Purple Female - 1 lb. 8 oz. (Either a caramel or an apricot)

Pink Female - 1 lb. 12 oz. (Chocolate, might lighten to Cafe)

Teal Female - 1 lb. 7 oz. (More than likely an apricot)

No comments:

Post a Comment